Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Adoption Lifeline

One of my most recent roles in life . . . and the most challenging . . . and the one that shows me how ill-equipped I am to handle the stresses of this life without the arms of my Heavenly Father holding me up each and every day . . . is my role as a foster mom.  


I must admit, up until a year ago, I was pretty confident in my abilities as a mom.  My kids are happy, obedient, well-mannered, relatively responsible, and darn cute!  And then the phone rang . . . and an hour later . . . enter traumatized foster son.  


More than a year later, I still wonder if I have any clue what I'm doing.  Every day holds a new challenge.  A new obstacle.  A new conflict.  Currently, we find ourselves on the road to adoption . . . the long, bumpy, hazardous road to adoption. 


A dear fellow-adoptive friend of mine sent me this link.  Her timing (or should I say, God's timing), was impeccable.  I was in desperate need of encouragement.  And this was a breath of fresh air.  So if you are a foster parent or an adoptive parent, grab a cup of coffee and breathe deeply . . . 






No comments:

Post a Comment